Sunday, November 29, 2009

Great Success

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Hopefully those sugar levels stayed somewhat under control. I had a minor scare in the car on the way home. I started shaking, feeling weak, and sweating.

cold sweat.

My sugar level was in the low 30s. That is a serious bout of hypoglycemia. Not good. Luckily I was around a gas station so I got to indulge on a zebra cake.... forgot how much I used to like those. Thanksgiving was alright though. I tried to stay away from a lot of carb-loaded options in the meal. Stayed with veggies from the snack tray and limited my portion of stuffing to 1 serving. That was tough. I had a lot of green bean casserole and turkey with gravy. It's tough, but worth it to stay on top of my sugars.

In other news, I still really foggy from yesterday. There's a new game for Nintendo Wii called Super Mario Brothers Wii. It was awesome.



I say was because myself and three of my best friends sat down at 10PM last night and didn't stop playing until we beat the game, at 8:15 this morning. It was epic. Stupid. Fun. Exhausting. It was a great way to spend the last night of my Thanksgiving break. It was really fun because all four of us could play at the same time. It was also formatted and designed to look just like the old Mario games on Regular and Super Nintendo.

So how did I manage my Lantus shot? Usually I take it before I go to sleep. Obviously I didn't sleep last night. But I took the shot anyway, at about the same time I usually do. I just made sure I didn't really snack on anything whenever the other three were eating. Tough to pass up those pizza rolls at 3:00AM, but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.


Remeber how I mentioned that I play for the Ultimate Frisbee team at SLU. Well, the team started a blog that I am a contributor for, so I've listed the team's blog in my blogs section on the side of my page. Check it out!! You can also just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment